Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluation Consultation
What is a comprehensive diagnostic evaluation and consultation?
This comprehensive evaluation explores possible biological, lifestyle, psychological, developmental and environmental contributions to symptoms. A thorough evaluation may require two to three appointments depending on the complexity of the behaviors presented by the child. Many clients have never had a broad and in-depth assessment, and this alone can be therapeutic because sometimes solutions emerge directly from it. Once we have finished the evaluation, we will discuss the results and treatment planning and options with you.
We work with families and children to develop an integrated treatment plan that may include psychotherapy, psychopharmacology, a family plan, a school plan, and complementary medicine. We will monitor progress throughout treatment to assess the effectiveness of the recommendations and make accommodations as needed.
What can a Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluation and Consultation help to diagnose?
Dr. Learsy uses this thorough evaluation to identify the disorder at the root of the patient’s symptoms. These disorders can include but are not limited to:
- Anxiety disorders
- Autism and Asperger’s syndrome
- Learning Disorders and Mood disorders like depression and bipolar disorder
- Neurological disorders like AD/HD, cerebral palsy
- Personality disorders
What kinds of methods are used?
Dr. Learsy and Dr. Reiss utilize some tests and screenings during the comprehensive diagnostic evaluation. They may use any of the following or more to reach a thorough level of understanding of the patient’s condition and needs.
- Child interviews and observation
- Developmental testing
- Review of all school records, medical history, previous evaluations
- Interviews with the parents
- Neurological examinations
- Psychiatric evaluations
- Physical examination
- Psychometric testing completed by the child, parents or teacher
- Psychological tests like Children’s Depression Inventory, Revised Children’s Manifest Anxiety Scale, various ADHD measures, projective tests